Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day 4: Small Group in Jacmel


We had an awesome day with youth at the Wesleyan church today.  We talked about when Christians first started meeting in homes in small groups.  Making the connection to John Wesley and the Wesleyan church, we were ready to dive into our version of 12Stone’s Small Group experience.  Being with the youth these past days everyone was now more open and ready to share, a big accomplishment for a generally quiet and shy group of young people.  We took this opportunity to talk about prayer; why we pray, when and where we pray, and then how we pray.  As a team we are going to exchange prayer requests with each other tomorrow.  The 12Stone team and the youth of the church have agreed to pray for each other over the next 90 days.  We will use emails to update each other on how we are all doing.  In a way, we will be extending our trip to Haiti for another 90 days.  


Ryan
Hello all! I am doing well and enjoying the conversations that we have had with locals about their prayer life. They asked questions, which in my opinion means that they are learning and are concerned with doing it right. Every day I feel that we are getting to make more and more meaningful relationships with the locals. I look forward to seeing the effects and fruits of our labor with them. Samatise and Jephte and two of my favorite boys that we have met. They are fun to play around with and Jephte is eager to learn and share Christ’s story with the others on the beach. I hope the he continues to go with his faith.
Danielle
No Haitian “Hello’s” 
Wayne
It was awesome to see the youth be so open with their questions about prayer this morning.  This was said to be a very quiet and shy group of young men and women.  They were very open with us and asked some great questions.  Wednesday is my normal Small Group night, so I had a great day in Small Group today (just happen to be in Haiti this week).  I’m excited to see how our prayer “challenge” goes over the next 90 days.
Derek
We had a great day again speaking with the youth and equipping them to share the gospel with their community. Small group in Haiti was a big success and brought forth many questions from the people of Haiti on the topic of prayer. Tonight is going to entail us presenting 2 songs to the church. Yikes!
Chrissy
The days that I spend in Haiti I absolutely enjoy everything about this country! I can’t wait to return to Georgia but I love this break from everything. It is a great refreshing week!  God bless!
Blondine
I’m still enjoying being in Haiti! I love being able to build a relationship with all of the youth that I have encountered. I’m just sad that this will soon be coming to end, but I know God has great things in store for all of these youth! 
Will
Today was a great day! Our team really made great progress with youth at church today. We prayed over one of the youth today during our meeting with them. That was awesome! We are one day away from doing our grand finale skit. Hopefully it will speak great meaning to the people of the Wesleyan church!

No comments:

Post a Comment